Celebrating milestones

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Milestone birthdays have an effect on us.
We reflect on past achievements, while simultaneously mourning opportunities passed;
reliving distant memories, while planning distant futures.

Mix-tapes, montages, bucket-lists, and resolutions.



Today I turned thirty and I don't feel swayed by any of those. I'm not particularly sentimental - I don't hold on to the past, and I feel like I'm living the future already - tomorrow's plan is the same as today's.

I was going to write a list of the lessons I'd learnt... but my friend Emily has already done a much better job - read it for yourself.

How about I keep it simple - yesterday, today, and every other day I want to:
know Jesus truly,
trust in him fully, and
live for him boldly.




That sounds like three things, but really it's one:
Resolved:
to follow him out into the deep.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Like us on Facebook

Instagram Feed