We're going to jump in the river

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

I was driving the other day with the iPod on. 
I love having music on but never know what to listen to. 
So I usually end up listening to something really old and familiar.

I chose Bethel.

"Play All."

There were quite a few songs (slight exaggeration) and I didn't know what would come on...

I'd been listening a while and then this:

If He goes to the left then we'll go to the left
And if He goes to the right then we'll go to the right
We're going to jump jump, jump jump in the river
Jump jump, jump jump, everybody

Photo by Blake Wheeler on Unsplash
I have found throughout my adult life that there have been certain songs for certain seasons.
Songs that speak so clearly in certain parts of my life.
Times when I wonder if that song was written for me.

And when I hear them, even years later, something is stirred in my spirit and I can't, and don't want to, escape it.

If he goes to the left
WE WILL go to the left.

When it was time to leave our old church, 
and we didn't know where was next, 
I promised this to God.
It's still the same now. 
I promised him that I will continue to walk with him.
I will continue to follow his lead.
I will continue to go where he goes.

I don't know what is next. 
I don't know if he'll go to the left or go to the right, 
but wherever he goes, you know where to find me.
Photo by Pablo García Saldaña on Unsplash
Because I moved interstate, we listened to God, my husband got a new job...
I've been called "brave"
I've been called "good"
I've been called "a nice wife"

Maybe I am all those things
But really I think I'm kinda selfish.

I just want to be where my heavenly Father is 
I want to go where he goes
I want to be where he is
Because I know that He knows the best places for me, for us
So I'm going to go where he is.

I sang these words to Rod that night
and they're still true for him too.
And our little girl is on this journey too.
She will follow us because she trusts that we know the places for her, the best things for her to do
And she needs to know that the best place for her is where we follow his lead, and she learns to follow too.
And we're gonna take her there.

And this is my heart for you.
That you will know him to intimately
That you will trust him so deeply
That wherever he goes, you'll be following right behind.

If He goes to the left then we'll go to the left
And if He goes to the right then we'll go to the right
We're going to dance dance, dance dance in the river
Dance dance, dance dance, everybody 

Deep Cries Out, Bethel Church
SaveSaveSaveSave

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Instagram Feed