Colour your world

Tuesday, March 07, 2017


Colour. I love colour. Bright, bold, beautiful colour.
I also love Colour, the Colour Sisterhood: a worldwide movement of women united to make a difference and make the world a better place.
I'm waiting with expectation to see what God will do and say through Colour (the conference) this year. So in anticipation, I read Bobbie Houston's seven day devotional based on her book, The Sisterhood (which I read after Colour last year), on YouVersion.

Here are some of the ways God spoke to me.

"Spend more time in His presence and in His Word; He wants you to learn to trust His character and recognise His voice. Just as He did with me, God is calling out for you to leave the shores of your safe and comfortable life and launch out into the depths of His love and His plans."

This is my journey. This is our journey.
Put out into deep water. It's not just for me. It's for you.
What is the new thing? How will I explore?
Do you know him? Do you trust him? Launch out.

"So no matter how crazy it may seem, or how many others do or don't understand the desires God has placed within your heart, take courage and take a breath as you step out into the deep. Give it everything you've got. Learn to smile at the future and trust your heavenly Father, who promises to be with you every step of the way."

Ok, Bobbie. Are you inside my head!?
Yesterday was similar, today uses our (the Bible's) words. Out. Into. The. Deep.
Step out. Go.
And even more, I created a wall hanging with these words, declared over my baby girl's life:
SHE SMILES AT THE FUTURE.
It's not only for me. And it's not only for her.
It's for you: Take courage and take a breath.

"When we hear the whisper of God and gather the courage and faith to obey... He rejoices!"

It's one thing to hear what God is saying to you. It's another to do it. But the best thing is – he's your cheer squad! And there's no one better to be cheering you on. He rejoices when you do what you hear him say.
But he's not cheering you on from afar, he's right there with you, rejoicing over you!

"God is always a reassuring step ahead in all we are entering into. Actually, He's light years ahead and masterful at joining the dots of His master plan which weaves itself around and through all our lives."

Not only is he with us, he's also ahead of us.
How good is it having a God who is omnipresent – he is with us, over us and before us.
And not just for 'us' but for you. He has a plan for YOU.
I can trust God so easily because he can see the big picture, and is outside our time, outside our limited capability and understanding.
He's joining the dots in your life. Keep asking him what the next step is. It's gonna be good!


"Okay, start colouring and let's see what emerges on the canvas."

All quotes by Bobbie Houston.
SaveSave

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Instagram Feed