Escaping the spiral

Sunday, March 12, 2017

This is the fourth of seven blog posts that re-imagine Psalm 73 as journal entries.
If you want the whole story in one go, download the "book" or listen to the sermon.
This is Asaph's story. This is our story.

F E B R U A R Y   1 4  / /  Psalm 73:17
Today is usually about overpriced roses, hallmark cards and fairytale clichés… instead I was reminded of God’s relentless love.
Today I had a breakthrough…

I didn’t have to climb a mountain or watch the sun set over the ocean. I didn’t have to escape the city… but I did have to escape my thoughts. Man they can be a downward spiral.


Today I spent time in God’s presence.

I caught a glimpse of him, a reminder of his character.
I caught a glimpse of his plan, a reminder of his purposes.

It wasn’t mystical but it was definitely spiritual.
It wasn’t out of this world or out-of-body, it felt so human.
His Spirit stirring within me, his word speaking to me, his presence with me.
Things are starting to make sense.

There’s a bigger game at play here, there’s more than I can see right now.
God’s interested in the here and now, but more importantly, there is a final day coming.

This world isn’t stuck, God. Is. Moving.

There are many times in life when you just feel stuck - whether in an endless cycle or a downwards spiral. It's all-consuming, all-controlling.
Faith is seeing beyond the circumstances and behind the scenes; it escapes the spiral. When you are stuck in the valley, stop and look, and see a God who moves mountains.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Instagram Feed